— Chance, Virginia —
ORIGINAL TO A 2,500-ACRE working farm on Virginia’s Rappahannock River, this once-modest Victorian-era farmhouse was in the owner’s family since the mid-nineteenth century. A major renovation and addition substantially enlarged the home’s interior spaces and transformed its character, giving the house a new purpose as a year-round retreat for three generations and their frequent guests. Multiple porches, balconies, bay windows, and a belvedere provide a variety of spaces — for individual contemplation or for gatherings — from which to enjoy the exquisite landscape and river views.
- Southern Living, May 2012
- Dream Homes Greater Washington DC, 2008
- Virginia Living September 2008
- Home & Design, Summer 2005
- Traditional Home, October 2003