— Talbot County, Maryland —
ESTABLISHED IN THE late seventeenth century, Lombardy is a 252-acre farm with extensive frontage on the Miles River in Talbot County. Over the course of five years, work on the property included site planning and restoration and renovation of the c. 1929 main house, the c. 1776 guest house, and a mid-twentieth-century bank barn. Several new structures including a caretaker’s house, a pool house, and a garden shed were also designed and integrated into the ensemble. The abiding quality and presence of this now-unified place are deeply resonant for the generations of family that gather here.
- Northern Virginia Chapter AIA/ Award of Excellence in Historic Architecture, 2012
- Elegant Homes, Summer 2012
- Renovation Style, Fall 2011
- Period Homes, May 2010